There are many different benefits a company could gain by using a business attorney. If you choose the right business attorney, they could help you and your business avoid litigation. Which in turn will save you money as litigation can be very expensive. Just to show an example of how much litigation costs, the Small Business Association stated that small business owners usually spend $3,000 to $150,000 annually in just fees for litigation. Now those fees could have a detrimental impact on small business if the company itself is not set up correctly. A business lawyer can help put these fires out before they even occur; by helping you limit liability right off the bat when forming your new business or the one you currently operate.
So you might be asking yourself, does my company need a business lawyer? You should note, that a dispute does not have to currently exist for you to benefit from a business attorney. They could make sure all of the required and necessary legal safeguards are in place before one of these disputes may occur. Keeping you and your company safe so that you can go back to focusing on your business and growing your demand. If you are still on the fence about hiring a business lawyer, then ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to make a business idea a reality? Are you trying to get a startup off the ground?
- Are you looking to lease or purchase commercial real estate?
- Are you considering a merger and acquisition or the sale of your business?
- Are you and other owners seeking to dissolve a business?
- Are you familiar with all local, state, and federal laws to ensure compliance?
If the answer is yes to any of the questions mentioned above, then it could be time to reach out to a business attorney.
A business attorney could also help you with: legal representation, corporate formation, contracts, transactions, employment matters, commercial real estate matters, legal disputes, and litigation to name a few.
Let’s take the city of Houston for example and discuss some information pertaining strictly to businesses in that area.
- 23 Fortune 500 companies have locations in Houston.
- The Port of Houston ranks No. 2 in the United States for total tonnage and No. 1 in the United States for international tonnage.
- Houston has the sixth-largest airport system in the entire world, consisting of three different major airports.
- Houston is a trucking hub, with more than 600 trucking companies operating from the city and connecting much of the South, West, and Midwest.
- 14 rail tracks stem from Houston as part of a major rail network in the South.
- Houston attracts many multi-national companies, and people working in Houston speak at least 90 different languages.
That’s a lot of business activity, and even more reason why you should have a Houston business attorney on your side to help prevent litigation and many other issues that may occur.
Now if you are convinced you need a business attorney your next question might be, well how much does a business lawyer cost? Many business owners are surprised to find out that this type of service are actually very affordable and can ultimately lead to lower costs and higher return on investment in the long haul. The exact cost of hiring a business attorney depends on the type of business related legal services you and your company might need.
Lastly, none of us want to believe or even think we might have a possible business dispute in the future. But it is never a bad decision to be prepared in the event that one might occur. Reach out to a local business attorney in your area and just see how they can help you. You may not have any troubles now, but it is always nice to know you have a business attorney on your side if you do ever need them.