After going through the process of buying a beautiful canopy tent, you need to take good care of it, ensuring that it lasts long. It all begins with cleaning your canopy tent. Let’s know the art of maintaining and caring for your favorite canopy tent.
- You may host an outdoor party or go camping with your pals. Your tent can potentially become dirty and musty by the day’s end.
- Use some soapy and warm water with a dedicated dish detergent to clean it.
- Wipe down every corner and inch of the fabric. Perform a thorough rinsing with clean water to eliminate suds.
- Make sure you don’t use bleach because it can lead to fabric discoloration.
- The next step is to let it dry without exposing it to dirt and debris.
You can extend its lifespan, fold the fabric in compliance with the current creases and folds, ensuring that the canopy tent retains its natural shape. If you notice any type of snags or tears, schedule immediate repairs.
Care and maintenance
The maintenance and diligent care of your canopy tent is pivotal for its long-term use. You need to apply a proper stain repellent.
- Repellant solutions and stain resisters like Scotch guard can make a huge difference. You apply it to the top of the fabric.
- You can get the products from any Home Depot, Lowe’s or other prominent retailers, such as Amazon, Target, or Walmart.
- Perform generous spraying to help impede water penetration and dirt stains.
- As you already know, cleaning the canvas of your canopy tent is very easy. You can also use a hand soap if you don’t have a dishwashing solution. Wipe it with a brush that has soft bristles.
- It’s also important to clean the tent’s frame. It’s essential to the effective utilization and aesthetic appearance of the tent.
- For aluminum and steel frames, use water and soap, and scrub the surface with a gentle bristle brush. Wipe it nicely.
- You can also use dedicated eco-friendly solutions to eliminate harder and obstinate stains.
Storing the canopy is another ballgame. Use carry bags and storage bags that you make from polyester fabric. Simple Green is a very popular solution to clean the canopies. Although the material is durable, you mustn’t expose it to the elements from a prolonged period as it can cause depletion and deterioration in the fabric material.
It’s important to keep the bags out of moisture. Keep them in dry spaces.
Weather and transportation
It’s difficult to forecast how long sunny weather will stay. Weather vagaries can arrive any moment, ruining your camping spirits. Putting first things first, never pitch a canopy tent in strong winds.
- To endue rain or storm, stand underneath the space where there’s an accumulation of water. You need to use any type of long and sturdy object for pushing off the water.
- Do remember that excessive weight may spoil the brackets and truss bars of the canopy tent.
- Its lifespan depends solely on how you carry your tent. You can find both hard-shelled and soft-shelled carry bags.
It’s mandatory to pick the one that suits your model. Carry bags are typically not universal or one-size-fits-all.